About Me

My photo
HandChop and Bronwen, otherwise known as BronChop, are busy in the Burning Man community. We are busy people! This blog is written and maintained by Bronwen but documents our lives together and things we're doing. This blog started as a personal journey documenting my life with all the joys, trials, tribulations, experiences, experiments, and personal growth. I have decided to continue using blogs to work through my life in general as well as my involvement in the Burning Man community and lifestyle.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

First post to TTEOB; thanks to Socks

Hi there!
I read your post about the whole take on Post-Secret and stuff, and I wanted to share with you my poem I wrote on the ride home from the playa (I live in TX so it was about 33 hours of driving.. yuck)
thank you, friend
Socks

I am a burner. I arrive in Black Rock on Monday, in total awe and wonder.

I am a virgin burner no more. I rang the bell and screamed it to the heavens.

I am a burner. I wear nothing but a bra and underwear and butterfly wings, and that’s okay and very much acceptable.

I am a burner. I drink lots of water (or rather don’t drink enough) and I piss clear.

I am a burner. I am not afraid of the porta-potties anymore. When you gotta go you gotta go.
I am a burner. I love my neighbors, and share my extra food with them.

I am a burner. I get excited with shiny things.

I am a burner. I get turned on by soft furry clothing, especially at night.

I am a burner. I get excited when I can’t see five feet in front of me due to a major white out. It feels like I am on a different planet, more-so than normal.

I am a burner. El Wire, Glowsticks, and Blinkies are a staple and a neccecity, not a novelty.

I am a burner. 2007 was my first year, and it sure as hell won’t be my last.

I am a burner. I watched performers from all around the world do what makes their heart beat fast.

I am a burner. I think of the Man as a symbol of hope, love and spirituality. A father figure who watches over us all.

I am a burner. I cried when the man burned when he wasn’t supposed to on Monday.

I am a burner. I cried when the man burned when he was actually supposed to on Saturday.

I am a burner. I pick up more after myself in the real world, as to not create MOOP around the house, around the school and around me.

I am a burner. I connected with people I have never met before, as well as reconnected with people I realized I cannot live without

I am a burner. I practice the peace, the community, and the love off the playa.

I am a burner. I am Burning (Wo)man.

No comments: