About Me

My photo
HandChop and Bronwen, otherwise known as BronChop, are busy in the Burning Man community. We are busy people! This blog is written and maintained by Bronwen but documents our lives together and things we're doing. This blog started as a personal journey documenting my life with all the joys, trials, tribulations, experiences, experiments, and personal growth. I have decided to continue using blogs to work through my life in general as well as my involvement in the Burning Man community and lifestyle.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Revival

Hello everyone!

Well, it's been almost a year since I posted last and many thing have changed. I suppose that's just the nature of life. For those of you looking for The Chops at the Burn this year we're camping with The Random & Unnecessary people. We have some fun plans for the camp. Unfortunately, we were placed at 10:00 and H, so we'll see if that holds or we end up somewhere else.

So the revival: Because Matt and I are super excited about the Burn this year, I have revived the TTEOB book idea. For those who don't know, this is the premise:
I want to create a coffee table book of insights about Burning Man and the various regional Burn communities worldwide. I want to know what people think of their community, how they got involved, how they are involved (or not) year round, what the Burn means to them, some of their anecdotal experiences etc etc etc. In 2007 I created some post cards which I distributed in very small quantities in the hopes of getting some back completed. As it happened, I didn't get any back. This year, I have created bigger cards and they will be part of our theme camp's art project. I hope that people think this sounds fun and opt to participate. The objective of the book is to tell the general public about the Burn from the many and varied perspectives of people who go. There are so many misconceptions out there so it would be nice to create a sort of art piece/conversation piece to clear some of those misconceptions or at least get people thinking. This also means having some insights that are not stories of wonder and awe or entirely positive. Sometimes bad stuff happens at the Burn or in our communities too!

People who participate can send in as much or as little as they like. The cards are intended to be a starting point but emails and other types of regular mail are also welcome, as are photos and doodles, sketches, paintings etc. Please bear in mind that anything you send can be put in the book, so don't reveal your real name if you don't want it published or send pictures if you dont have the rights to distribute them.

I did 3 new cards for this year (the one above was the card for 2007, which will also be distributed again even though it's only 4x6). Feel free to comment on which of the three new designs you like the best.



I also created a Facebook group today so feel free to join there if you feel like it. See you on the Playa or somewhere inbetween!

~ Bronwen

No comments: