About Me

My photo
HandChop and Bronwen, otherwise known as BronChop, are busy in the Burning Man community. We are busy people! This blog is written and maintained by Bronwen but documents our lives together and things we're doing. This blog started as a personal journey documenting my life with all the joys, trials, tribulations, experiences, experiments, and personal growth. I have decided to continue using blogs to work through my life in general as well as my involvement in the Burning Man community and lifestyle.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Homeward bound?

Well, I don't know how we did it this year, but at the last minute it looks like, in the style of an epic on-again off-again love affair, we are preparing to head for the Playa today. Originally we thought we'd be on the road by noon, but anyone who knows us knows that is just cute. It will probably be more like 4:30 or, god forbid, 6:30. Anyway, we got a ticket last night and picked up a friend's RV so that's how we know we're on our way. The bikes aren't properly decorated, we haven't packed or thought about packing and the house looks like there was a fur explosion! I made 85 Muppet Feet Playa gifts for camp which required a great deal of cutting of small fur samples. It gets into EVERYTHING. The TTEOB cards will be making a reappearance. I hope I can get some out there and enjoy some feedback!

One thing I did manage to finish was the dedication to my mom. I'm happy with how it turned out even though it made me really sad to be making something like that. I've been tormented by my mom's passing. I'm looking forward to putting the dedication on the Temple and having a little memorial for her.

Anyway, despite allergies from hell and about a week's worth of housework to do, plus a delivery, pick ups of random things and still needing to pack, it feels good to be heading out. We hope we've missed the Playa rain and have smooth sailing for our much-needed break!

No comments: